Tuesday 20 March 2012

Authentic Fendi Messenger Bag

Date: 12th Feb
Time: 1.30pm
Challenge: To travel to Selfridges to autheticitise a donated fendi bag

I arrived in Oxfam at the start of my shift to be given the challenge of going to Selfridges to take a Fendi bag to the concessions. I had to check if the bag was authentic or not and if so what price it would retail at.
To be honest I wasn't sure what to think and I didn't want to get my hopes up, especially if it wasn't real.
I took the bus into town and walked to Selfridges into the fendi concession on the ground floor. After I told the manager why I was there, she agreed to look up the bag on their store database.
At this point in time I really wasn't expecting much and thought she would tell me it was a fake. But to my suprise she told me that it was an authentic, in mint condition and that the R.R.P at this time was £385.00! Telling me that last season it would have sold for £500!
I couldn't believe it! She then told me that she used to work for a charity shop when she was at college and because she could understand what this would mean for the charity, she put the bag in a paper fendi bag, wrapping it in ribbon!
I then travelled back to Oxfam with the good news!
It made our week!

We are retailing the bag at £190.00 - a REAL bargain!
It is a Sweet Messenger in Zucchino fabric with leather trim.
Pop into the store if you're interested to check it out!


No comments:

Post a Comment