Saturday 12 January 2013

The Big Oxfam Sale

Today I walked past Oxfam and caught sight of a photo frame I liked in the window. Even better it was in the 70% off sale.

I strolled into the shop with the sole intention of buying the photo frame, but came across a whole host of amazing items all at a ridiculously bargain price. 

It got me thinking... I had gone shopping today with a list of items that I needed for my new flat. And honestly, it didn't cross my mind to find any of my items in Oxfam. I was heading for high street; Debenhams, Next, Argos, Clas Olsen. 

If I hadn't have noticed the photo frame in the window, I would have continued my high street home-ware shopping journey and probably ended up paying four times the price for what I managed to pick up in Oxfam for just £10.

It's a win-win situation: not only do you save money but you also find some absolute gems (see below) and your money goes towards helping people out of poverty. It's a nice change to think positively about spending my money and as of today, I pledge that in 2013, Oxfam will be my first stop when I venture out to shop.

Below is a selection of what I managed to pick up:

Photo frame £2.90
Tealight candles £1.40
Tealight Holders £1.10

Coffee tin with ground coffee £2.60

Next time you head for the high street, why not have a look around an Oxfam shop first? You might be surprised at what you find. 

Felicity x

No comments:

Post a Comment